Students at Alaska Space Grant Program (ASGP) affiliate institutions are welcome to apply to summer Alaska Industry internships. Students will apply to ASGP for each internship opportunity. To apply for an Alaska Industry Internship, please refer to the Application Materials section for each company listed below. The deadline to apply for internships is March 31.
Eligibility and U.S. Citizenship Requirement
Alaska Industry Internships are open to students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Enrolled at an Alaskan institution of higher education during the period of the award.
- Good academic standing
- U.S. Citizen
Award recipients agree to:
- The expectation is to work on your project for 10 weeks over the summer for approximately 40 hours per week.
- Submit a brief report (minimum 1 page) to the Alaska Space Grant office by the end of September following your internship on your experience and accomplishments. The report should include information on your future academic or career plans, degree granted if applicable, and any other important results (e.g., awards and honors, research performed, publications, etc.) that can be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Give a public presentation of your experience/research at a public forum notifying ASGP in advance of the presentation. You will be given the opportunity to present your work at the Alaska Space Grant Education and Research Symposium in the spring of 2021.
- Acknowledge the support you have received from ASGP on any documentation, printed materials, publications (hard copy or electronic), press releases, or news reports that are produced by or in support of your project. A credit line similar to “Supported in part by the Alaska Space Grant Program” will be sufficient.
- Additional survey/questionnaire documents will be sent periodically to student awardees via email to conduct longitudinal tracking of students supported by ASGP funding. The longitudinal tracking survey/questionnaire in an on-line document and the email message sent to the student will give instruction on how to access it. This will also assist in improving the quality of the Consortium’s programs.
Awards are subject to availability of NASA funding.