Board of Directors
The Alaska Space Grant Program (ASGP) is governed by a Board of Directors which ensures that the ASGP mission is carried out as specified in the ASGP Mission Statement and Strategic Implementation Plan. The Board reviews and selects proposals and applications received in response to ASGP announcements, and approves the yearly budget.
Executive Director: Denise Thorsen
- Joe Hawkins: Previous ASGP Director
- Bob McCoy: Director, Geophysical Institute
- Aaron Dotson: Interim Associate Dean for Research, College of Engineering, UAA
- Bill Schnabel: Dean, College of Engineering and Mines, UAF
- Tom Thornton, Dean of Arts and Sciences and Vice Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs, UAS
- Bjorn Wolter: Alaska Dept of Education and Early Development Science Specialist
The Space Grant College and Fellowship Program is comprised of 52 Space Grant Consortia; one in each state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Each state consists of multiple independent Space Grant institutions, with one of the institutions acting as the lead institution.
Upcoming National Space Grant Meeting
National Council of Space Grant Directors' Spring Meeting
- February 27th & 28th, 2020 Crystal City, VA
- Registration opens mid January 2020
- Meeting Host: Eric Day Contact: email@example.com
Previous National Space Grant Meeting
Visit the Space Grant National and Regional Meeting Presentation archives to view previous presentations and agenda.