The Alaska Space Grant Program (ASGP) invites applications from U. S. citizens for graduate funding awards. These awards are offered to students majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) or STEM education fields. Stipends available under this program are limited to students attending Alaska institutions of higher education. Women, under-represented minorities and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Graduate students who engage in research projects:
- develop their skills as scientists, engineers, and educators
- expand their record of professional achievement in support of their future academic and career goals,
- meet other students who share their passion,
- challenge themselves to achieve high goals, and
- personally contribute to engineering solutions and scientific knowledge that advance our understanding of the Earth and space environments.
Over the past seven years the Alaska Space Grant Program has given more than $700,000 in awards to students in Alaska. Alaska Space Grant fellowships are aimed to encourage graduate research in science, technology engineering and math (STEM) fields and help students round out their classroom education with hands on experience to provide a higher quality of education and prepare students to work in STEM fields after they graduate.