The goal of the Pre College Education program is to attract and retain students in STEM disciplines through a progression of educational opportunities for students, teachers, and faculty. Alaska Space Grant seeks to meet this goal by funding Pre College Projects that:
- Provide in-service and/or pre-service teacher professional development and training opportunities to educators that result in deeper content understanding and/or competence and confidence in teaching STEM disciplines
- Provide k-12 students with authentic, first-hand opportunities to participate in NASA mission activities, and/or other NASA related STEM activities. Proposed student-focused projects must describe how the effort will demonstrate (quantitatively and/or qualitatively) increased enrollment in STEM disciplines or interest in STEM careers.
Women, faculty from underrepresented groups, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
Eligibility and U.S. Citizenship Requirement
- Competition is open to personnel at Affiliated Institution.
- All participants receiving direct support must be U.S. citizens.
- Grant requests can be made up to a maximum of $15,000 and must be matched 1:1 through non-federal funds.
- The award may not be used for international travel, tuition for special institutes or off-campus programs, or the purchase of equipment.
- Projects may begin in June and must be completed by the end of May of the following year (unless other arrangements are made in advance). Any amount of money that remains unspent by the end of May of the following year will be relinquished.
Dates | Deadlines
If any date falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date shall be the following business day.
- Application Deadline: March 1
- Expected Start Date: April 1
Completed applications must be submitted in ONE pdf doc to the Alaska Space Grant Program office (email@example.com) by the application deadline. You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days, if you do not receive this confirmation please contact our office.
For More Information Please email ASGP at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 907-474-6833.