The goal of the Higher Education program is to contribute to the development of the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) workforce in disciplines needed to achieve NASA's strategic goals. Alaska Space Grant seeks to meet this goal by funding Higher Education Projects that:
- Assist faculty with the development of new (or revised) college-level courses or curriculum in areas of relevance to NASA.
- Provide support for interdisciplinary student team activities in areas that support NASA's workforce needs.
Women, faculty from underrepresented groups, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Grant requests can be made up to a maximum of $15,000 and must be matched 1:1 through non-federal funds.
- The award may not be used for page charges, international travel, tuition for special institutes or off-campus programs, or the purchase of equipment.
- Projects may start during the summer, but must be completed by May 1 of the following year (unless other arrangements are made in advance). Any amount of money that remains unspent by May 1 of the following year will be relinquished. The period of performance may not extend beyond 12 months.
Dates | Deadlines
If any date falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date shall be the following business day.
- Application Deadline: March 1
- Expected Start Date: April 1
Eligibility and U.S. Citizenship Requirement
- Competition is open to full-time faculty members at an Affiliated Institution.
- Faculty must be U.S. citizens. Faculty who are not U.S. citizens may apply for the grant to supply salary or other support for students (who are U.S. citizens) working on the project.
- Faculty must hold the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, professor, research associate, full-time faculty/instructor at a community college, or equivalent (adjunct faculty members and post doctoral fellows are not eligible).
Completed applications must be submitted in ONE PDF document to the Alaska Space Grant Program office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the application deadline. You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days, if you do not receive this confirmation please contact our office.
- Download complete application package.
- Report Template
- Direct Participant Demographic Form
- How to Write SMART Objectives
For More Information Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 907-474-6833.