The Alaska Space Grant Program (ASGP), a participant in the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, invites applications from U. S. citizens for undergraduate student scholarships. These stipends are offered to students majoring in science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics (STEM) fields. Stipends available under this announcement are limited to students attending Alaska institutions of higher education. While all qualified students are encouraged to apply, women and individuals from underrepresented groups, specifically, Alaska Natives, Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dates | Deadlines
- Application Deadline: September 12
All application materials, including supporting documentation, must be received at the ASGP office by the stated deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis until all the Scholarship funds have been awarded.
- Award Announcement: October 1
Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt starting February 15. Scholarships will be awarded from viable applications on a first come basis until all funds are awarded. A minimum of 10 awards per year are expected. Applicants will be notified of award decisions by email. The awards will be made payable to the student directly. Award information will be reported to the appropriate Office of Financial Aid and may affect the student's financial aid package.
- IMPORTANT NOTE
After this current solicitation, Alaska Space Grant scholarships may be applied for through each institutions financial aid office as well as directly through the Alaska Space Grant office.
Eligibility and U.S. Citizenship Requirement
Scholarships are open to students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Enrolled at an Alaskan institution of higher education during the period of the award.
- Good academic standing
- U.S. Citizen
Review | Selection Process
The ASGP office evaluates the eligibility of all applications received. Qualified applications will be reviewed by the individual institutions that make recommendations for funding to the ASGP Director based on the quality of the applications as reflected in the review criteria. The final award decision will be at the discretion of the ASGP Director. Preference may be given to women and individuals from under-represented groups.
Applications are ranked based on the following criteria:
- Scholastic achievement
- Strength of recommendations
- STEM related career goals
Award recipients agree to:
- Notify ASGP of any changes in mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number for purposes of progress reports.
- Reply to additional survey/questionnaire documents that may be sent periodically to student awardees via email to conduct longitudinal tracking of students supported by ASGP funding. The longitudinal tracking survey/questionnaire in an on-line document and the email message sent to the student will give instruction on how to access it. This will also assist in improving the quality of the Consortium’s Fellowship/Scholarship program.
- Grant permission to release and/or publish requested recipient information to NASA or other appropriate parties.
- Acknowledge the support provided by the NASA Alaska Space Grant Program In any presentations or publications that the student develops as a result of his/her Space Grant support.
Awards are subject to availability of NASA funding.
For More Information
Contact Rebecca Lees at email@example.com or by phone at (907) 474-6833